Monday, February 10, 2014

Well, I'm embarrassed that it has been almost two weeks since I've posted. I actually think about this blog every night, but then I get too tired to come and actually type! So, I'm going to remedy this by getting here earlier!

However, first things first. I have officially joined  the 8th Bead Soup Blog Party!!! I can't tell you how excited I am about this.  It is a once a year event where a huge numbers of beaders who don't know each other, get together, swap beads and then make stuff!!! (:

Okay --- you can find a much better description here: Pretty Things Blog
Actually, I'm a tiny bit apprehensive about two things ----
1. Will I send nice enough things?  Well, I think so!  Here is my 'secret' plan:
     --- Make either a wire wrapped pendant (did I mention I haven't done this before?)  or
     --- Make a really nice polymer clay focal --- okay, I'm a  bit more confident with this plan. I actually have cabochon molds on the way  --- and alcohol inks --- I think I might make a faux amber or jade --- depending on what my swap partner likes --- or I might even try to make a faux turquoise
       --- However, faux polymer might not match my swap partners tastes (what if they say that don't like faux anything, right? (:)
       --- OF course, I plan to send more than just a focal --- I already have some lovely beads sitting in my Etsy cart --- and I'll select the best ones for my swap partner based on the focal and their color preferences

2. I'm a tiny bit apprehensive about what I might get ...and how I might make it into something presentable. But this is part of the reason I'm doing this swap! To stretch my artistic endeavors just a bit outside my 'safety' zone.

So, fingers crossed that my swap partner likes what I send, and that I am able to make something awesome with what I get!



No comments:

Post a Comment